Waxing is one of the best hair removal solutions for long-lasting, smooth results. Although some people worry about pain, the truth is that waxing is a lot easier than you may think. Choosing a waxing studio with experienced estheticians can help make your appointment more pleasant. It’s also important to understand that different types of wax are better suited for different areas. Using the right variety (either soft or hard wax) can make a huge difference.
More information about soft vs hard wax:
Soft wax is spreadable at room temperature and has a soft consistency. To use soft wax, an esthetician will use a disposable spatula to apply the wax and will spread it to create a very thin layer over the skin and hair. They will then use a removal strip to pull the wax off, taking the hair with it. Soft wax is the more traditional option and is what many people think of when they think of waxing.
Benefits of Soft Wax
- Soft wax is usually the best choice for larger areas, such as your legs. This is because it is easier to spread than hard wax.
- This type of wax adheres more to your skin. While this can be a downside for more sensitive areas, it does provide the benefit of additional exfoliation and can be beneficial depending on where you are waxing.
- This wax does a great job grabbing fine hairs.
- Generally, there is no need for any special skin preparation before using soft wax.
Hard wax is solid at room temperature and comes in pellet form. It must be heated up in a wax warmer before it is used for hair removal. Unlike soft wax, a strip is not necessary to remove hard wax. Your wax artist will apply hard wax in layers, allow to harden, then remove it quickly to pull hair out from the root.
Benefits of Hard Wax
- Hard wax adheres only to the hair, not to your skin, reducing discomfort and irritation. This makes it ideal for delicate areas with more sensitive skin. As a result, this type of wax is the best option for bikini line and Brazilian waxing.
- The heat of this wax can help to open up pores, making it easier to remove hair.
- Hard wax does not leave residue on your skin and is easy to clean up.
- This type of wax is excellent for removing coarse hair.
Creating a Comfortable Waxing Experience
At The Waxing Studio, our estheticians have extensive experience and know how to create a comfortable waxing experience for you. We choose the type of wax carefully and use only hard wax for the most sensitive areas. In addition to ensuring the waxing process itself goes smoothly, we also offer a variety of aftercare products to help nourish your skin and reduce post-wax redness.
To schedule an appointment using soft or hard wax, contact us today.